Bluebeam Software Introduces Enhanced Reporting and Navigation Functionality to Further Bridge Design and Construction Phases.
Pasadena, California, USA (24 February 2016) Bluebeam® Software, leading developer of PDF-based annotation and collaboration solutions for the architectural, engineering and construction (AEC) and Oil & Gas industries, announces the release of the latest version of the brand’s flagship solution, Bluebeam Revu® 2016.
The 2016 product launch was a departure from Bluebeam’s traditional launches. Revu’s new functionality was presented by Bluebeam’s US-based customers in the construction industry, Black & Veatch, Turner Construction, Sundt and Gensler, via a live global webcast. The presentations paired leading AEC mentors with their young AEC mentees, with each duo demoing new product features and improved workflow solutions. During the webcast, Bluebeam also announced it would be giving away free product licences to students.
Revu 2016 combines powerful PDF editing, annotation and collaboration capabilities with these new features designed to enhance digital project documentation management, reporting and navigation:
- Batch Markup Summary makes it possible to report on and export data from multiple PDFs, simplifying the communication and manipulation of data important to large projects. Users can choose to create a single annotation summary from multiple PDFs, or individual summaries per PDF included in the batch.
- Revit Plugin Enhancements include the ability to automatically export Revit Rooms to Revu Spaces, creating a smarter PDF that tracks the location of all your annotations and makes area measurements easier and faster to calculate.
- Legends allow anyone looking at a PDF to have an immediate understanding of the annotations on the page. Legends automatically update as annotations are added, deleted or modified.
- Tags provide enhanced navigation and sorting of unlimited PDFs within Sets, a feature that allows a group of various-source PDFs to be viewed as a single document in a single tab. Revu 2016 allows users to easily “tag” sheets by sheet number, sheet name, drawing date, revision number, and more. With tags added to sheets, users can even generate a complete drawing log from a Set.
- Additional enhancements such as dynamic XFA support, bookmark export formatting, more annotations alignment options, as well as the first opportunity for side by side installation of Revu 2016 and Vu 2016 for Open Licence customers.
'Revu 2016 was developed through partnerships with our customers to help users push the boundaries of PDF navigation and reporting better than ever before', says Bluebeam President and CEO Richard Lee. 'To showcase the value of these partnerships, we invited our customers to demonstrate Revu 2016, and we’re happy they could help us make it the best Revu launch ever'.
Revu 2016 will be demonstrated in a series of live webinars, and that schedule can be accessed here.
Bluebeam Revu 2016 is available directly from Bluebeam Software and Bluebeam Authorised Resellers 24 February 2016.
About Bluebeam Software, Inc.
Bluebeam Software's innovative desktop, mobile and cloud solutions push the limits of digital collaboration to enable professionals, who work in the most document-intensive industries, to do what they do, better. Bluebeam's award-winning PDF solutions are used by the world’s top architectural, engineering and construction firms, oil and gas companies, manufacturers, government agencies and municipalities to reduce paper usage by more than 85% and to increase productivity by over 60%. The Bluebeam Account Services team and global reseller network have been solving customer challenges in over 100 countries for more than a decade.
Visit www.bluebeam.com/uk for more on why Bluebeam is changing the status quo and setting a new standard.