Bluebeam’s Three-Day US Conference Delivers Game Changers for Technical Industry Professionals
Pasadena, California, USA (4 August 2015)
Bluebeam, leading developer of annotation and collaboration solutions for technical industries, recently brought top design, construction and energy firms together from around the world for educational sessions and game-changing technology announcements at the 2015 Bluebeam® eXtreme® Conference in Los Angeles, CA.
The conference offered eight customer panel discussions and over 75 Bluebeam-led sessions in five learning tracks, and allowed attendees to earn up to 10 AIA (American Institute of Architects) CES learning credits by attending designated presentations. Session topics included how to take technical industry workflows digital, technology implementation and training, document review and collaboration, lean practices, and integrating BIM.
The conference keynote, delivered by Bluebeam CEO Richard Lee, focused on innovation inspired by customers, industry challenges and technology partners. Bluebeam also announced new developments for flagship solution, Bluebeam Revu®, including Windows tablet experience optimisations, a new concurrent Open Licence option, and the introduction of the Bluebeam Gateway, a new licencing administration portal. Bluebeam’s collaboration technology, Bluebeam Studio™, will expand into a family of offerings including Bluebeam Studio Prime, a new cloud-based subscription solution, which will include access to the first phase of a Studio API that supports DMS integrations.
‘This year’s conference highlighted the push for innovation driven by our customers’ needs to meet increasingly complex project demands’, said Kristine Hopkins, VP of Client Services at Bluebeam. ‘From the new Open licencing option to the API and Studio Prime’s cloud administration and automation, the latest feature options will enable greater flexibility and control so customers from small firms to the enterprise level can work the way they want and need to work’.
Highlights of the eXtreme Conference included:
- Customer case study presentations from Barton Malow and the Daytona International Speedway team, Mortenson Construction and the team building one of three turbomachinery energy facilities of its kind worldwide, and CannonDesign with the Centre Hospitalier de l’Universite de Montreal super hospital P3 project team.
- Customer panels on streamlining the implementation of digital workflows and improving collaboration, with representation from Gensler, Black & Veatch, C.W. Driver, Swinerton Builders, Skanska Sweden AB and more.
- Technology partners Microsoft, CMiC and FieldLens joining the keynote presentation and hosting showcases highlighting optimisations to improve interoperability across design and building processes.
- Five tracks of educational sessions—Revu Core, Digital Workflows, Advanced Technologies, Oil & Gas, and Trainer-Training—for users at all levels of Revu expertise.
- Demonstrations of the newest features and enhancements in Revu 2015.5 and Bluebeam Revu iPad.
Bluebeam products are sold direct and through a global network of resellers. For more information, visit www.bluebeam.com/au.
About Bluebeam, Inc.
Bluebeam's innovative desktop, mobile and cloud solutions push the limits of digital collaboration to enable professionals, who work in the most document-intensive industries, to do what they do, better. Bluebeam's award-winning PDF solutions are used by the world’s top architectural, engineering and construction firms, oil and gas companies, manufacturers, government agencies and municipalities to reduce paper usage by more than 85% and to increase productivity by over 60%. The Bluebeam Account Services team and global reseller network have been solving customer challenges in over 100 countries for more than a decade. Visit www.bluebeam.com/au for more on why Bluebeam is changing the status quo and setting a new standard.