Bluebeam, Inc., leading developer of PDF-based annotation and collaboration solutions for the architectural, engineering and construction (AEC) and oil and gas industries recently brought together a diverse community of over one-thousand professionals, students and industry leaders for three days of innovation, inspiration, training, and networking at the Bluebeam eXtreme Conference in San Diego, California.
This year’s conference featured over one hundred lectures, training sessions, customer panels and case studies that inspired attendees to push the limits of digital project collaboration. The conference keynote by Richard Lee, Bluebeam President and CEO, focused on the conference theme, “Be a Part of Something Bigger,” as well as the exploration of hardware integration and Bluebeam Revu adoption reaching the one-million user mark.
“This year’s conference focused on what really lies behind transformative change – people working together.” said Kristine Hopkins, VP of Client Services at Bluebeam. “Each one of us can only do so much by ourselves. We can advocate for local change and we can drive specific initiatives, but it’s when we forge connections and partner with other change-agents that real, industry-wide change becomes possible. Engaged people working together create the future.”
The 2016 eXtreme Conference featured:
- Customer-led case-study presentations focusing on downtown Albuquerque’s revitalization through mixed-use development, Montreal’s CHUM Super-Hospital’s large-team workflows, Kansas City Streetcar project’s private utility coordination, and Brigham Young University’s project collaboration.
- Panel discussions highlighting construction management and BIM innovations at the Cal Poly San Luis Obispo College of Architecture and Environmental Design, how to optimize document-based collaboration, trends in virtual design and construction, and getting buy-in for new technology
- Lectures and training sessions covering core Revu features, digital document workflows, advanced technologies and how companies can create Revu training programs led by their own employees
- The Bluebeam eXtreme Awards luncheon, honoring 2016 winners Stantec Consulting, LTD, Walsh Construction, HNTB Corporation, Gensler Architecture and McCarthy Holdings, LLC for their innovative use of Bluebeam Revu on projects including Commercial/Residential, Healthcare, Transportation and Sports facilities
- Bluebeam Skills Challenge, won by a team representing Core Construction who competed with 5 other attendee teams demonstrating their speed, accuracy and creativity while executing key industry workflows using Revu
The Bluebeam eXtreme Conference now heads to Europe with one-day conferences in Stockholm, Sweden on September 27 and London, England on September 29. These events will offer the opportunity to learn from inspiring industry leaders and Bluebeam’s in-house experts in over a dozen educational sessions. Registration for the Stockholm and London events is now open.
Share This Press Release